And all month long, we will be offering pets ages 8 and up (and their owners):
- 20% off senior screen lab work: a full chemistry panel, including a thyroid level check; a complete blood count (CBC); and a urinalysis.
- 20% off preventive care visits.
Sick pets are not eligible for the preventive care discount, but remain eligible for the lab work discount.
It's hard to believe, but cats and dogs older than 8 years are considered senior pets! Having lab work and an exam done on your senior pet can help catch small health problems before they turn into big ones. We'll ask you during your visit, but make sure you mention it if you've noticed that your pet...
- Is drinking more or urinating more than usual
- Has some new lumps or bumps
- Is having more trouble getting up and laying down
- Continues to gain OR lose weight despite being fed the same amount he or she has always gotten
- Doesn't have the same appetite he or she used to
- or anything else out of the ordinary. Remember, you know your pet the best! If you think something has been a little bit off about him or her, there's a good chance you're right.